The Application Engineer will provide engineering and technical support to all authorized Summit Pump distributors, RSMs (Regional Sales Managers) and sales staff by thorough review of customer RFQs and specifications, supplying costing, material selection and pricing information, design review, and delivery information. Offer design alternatives to meet or exceed customer’s applications and to maximize margin and reliability.
Assist Sales group in reviewing (all or part) of customer specifications to determine the best product offering. Support the Sales Group in project management, including pump selection, ancillary equipment and material selection. Review and track data trends on CSR (Customer Service Report) issues. Root cause analysis of failed or warranty items and issues. Support the QA and QC system with continuous improvement action steps. Work with the Quality department to define problem areas.
Other essential functions include the review of project specifications, technical requirements, contact outside vendors for pricing, delivery, and technical information. Research requests, assist project management, sales/marketing/advertising manager, and engineering. Work with project managers, review closed projects, adhere to company policies and procedures, and complete special projects as assigned and perform other duties as required. Review existing and create new, as required, work instructions for shop assembly personnel and continuous review of pump installation and operation manuals. Assistance with all pump static, NDT (Non Destructive Testing) and dynamic testing.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written are a must
- A strong work ethic is highly important including multitasking ability and prioritization of tasks.
- High familiarization with computers and associated programs: including: MS Office, especially WORD and PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Inventor or other drafting tools.
- Experience with inventory databases
- Engineering Software: AutoDesk Products: Inventor and AutoCAD. Experience with Inventor’s Routed Systems, Design Tools, FEA and Presentation Files is a plus.
- Exhibit ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to produce detailed yet succinct and concise written work instructions pertaining to customer requirements, production improvements, purchasing assistance.
- Knowledge of applicable industry specifications such as ANSI B73.1 and Hydraulic Institute.
- Knowledge /experience with other ASME/ ASM / API /PIP / HI/ ANSI and IEEE specifications as needed.
- Some occasional travel may be required.
- Occasional lifting of pumps/parts and assemblies up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and the industry best practices methods, materials, operations and repairs.
- Knowledge of Industry regulated Safety practices and principles.
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles including fundamentals of fluid mechanics, pump curve analysis, design, materials, and factory processes
- Knowledge of quality manufacturing processes and management; for example:
- LEAN / Kaizen – Deming principles / SPC / QA-QC / 6 Sigma / System One / ISO / Continuous Improvement
Due to recent expansions, Summit Pump Inc is looking for a pump (or other rotating equipment) experienced engineer to work at our facility in Green Bay (Oneida). BSME preferred, but will consider other disciplines with rotating equipment experience. This position is responsible for designing new or special pumps and to perform modifications on various pump product lines in accordance with established company specifications and industry standards. Candidates should expect to primarily utilize Inventor to perform applicable Mechanical component design, layout and detail drafting work. The candidate will work closely with inter and intracompany cross-functional teams and must have the ability to effectively handle multiple projects in a fast paced small company environment. Must be able to work as needed to meet project deadlines.
Summit Pump, Inc headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We are a privately owned OEM pump company founded in 1984. We market our products worldwide solely via an exclusive and dedicated distributor network. The qualified and successful candidate will have the identified education, skills and experience.
|Education||Bachelors of Science; Mechanical Engineering|
|Experience||5+ Years with rotating/pump equipment|
|Industry Standards||ASME/ASM/API/PIP/HI/ANSI & IEEE, Specificly ANSI B73.1|
|Computer Applications||MS Office, Database Knowledge & Inventor|
|Work Enviroment||Business Casual|